Sunday, November 6, 2011

confession and repentance

"Coness and repent. Satan's accusations carry a sting because they usually contain a certain fraction of truth. So go ahead, get violent. Confess your sin, call it in its worst terms, and repent of it. So what if it's the umptennth time? I know who I am. I am not a sinner who struggles to love God; I am a lover of God who struggles with sin. I am primarily a lover of God, not a sinner. That is my bottom-line identity. So, I will do violence one more time to any known sin or compromise and confess it freely to God, receiving His forgiveness." -Bob Sorge

These last four months I have confessed and repented more than the sum of my life thus far. It may get so tiring and annoying, but I have more freedom this year than I have had thus far in my life.

I have never been as hungry for God as I am now. It is a deep hunger, burning deep in my bones.


No comments:

Post a Comment